Job Title: Innovate2Zero Project Facilitator
Location: Home Based – Travel between Fenland & Cambridgeshire may be required
Employer: Opportunity Peterborough
Salary (per annum pro rata): £31,000 per annum pro rata
Start Date: October 2021
Contract: Fixed term until 31st March 2022 (potential for extension)
Opportunity Peterborough’s’ role is to drive economic development across our city. We work to drive local, national and international business investment into the Peterborough region. We support businesses through multiple channels, facilitating access to our network of services ensuring business communities have the tools they require to innovate and grow.
As a team we are passionate about the work we do. Due to business expansion, we are now looking to enhance our team with the addition of an experienced project facilitator. We are looking for a motivated individual who is committed to supporting the Opportunity Peterborough team on our ‘Innovate2Zero’ project.
‘Innovate-2-Zero’ aims to stimulate sustainability-focused innovation, drive growth in green jobs, and reduce the carbon footprint of businesses by enabling entrepreneurs, start-ups and SMEs to develop innovative and marketable solutions to Peterborough and Fenland’s net-Zero Carbon and sustainability challenges.
Participating businesses across Peterborough and Fenland will benefit from targeted training and support in reducing their environmental impact and supporting them to work towards their net zero goals.
The City of Peterborough, District of Fenland and the CPCA will benefit from the aggregated, individual impacts of participating businesses in reducing the areas overarching Carbon footprint and accelerating the achievement of “Net-Zero” targets.
Opportunity Peterborough can offer a flexible working environment, with the possibility of extending the role beyond the 6 months period.
Purpose of role:
You’ll be responsible for supporting the Opportunity Peterborough and Fenland District Council project teams in all areas of a project’s activities to ensure project work packages are delivered on time and within budget. You will guide businesses on their carbon footprint reduction journey and equip them with relevant skills and knowledge developed by the Innovate2Zero’ project. You will identify, signpost and support innovators, start-ups, existing SMEs and larger businesses to apply for small revenue grants to develop new products and services which have a positive sustainability impact.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience in a fast paced, multi-functional environment gaining tangible Project Management experience.
• Set up and maintain project files
• Provide administrative services to project boards, project assurance teams and quality review meetings
• Ability to be flexible and adapt to working in a fast-paced project environment
Progress Monitoring and Control
• Collect information from stakeholders to monitor and review progress
• Assess the integrity of data, identifying gaps and potentially inaccurate data
• Work with stakeholders to improve the quality of data
• Escalate risks and issues.
Stakeholder Relationship Management
• Build strong relationships with stakeholders and arrange stakeholder engagement events when required
• Take responsibility for preparing and distributing reports for stakeholders
• Act as a first point of contact for stakeholder enquiries
Leadership and Teamwork
• Build and sustain positive relationships with team members
• Respect and value others and be sensitive to their differing needs and values
• Play a full part in the team and help to achieve team goals
• Take the lead when appropriate
• Be responsive to changes in stakeholder’s needs and expectations.
Communication and knowledge sharing
• Listen to other points of view
• Confidently present messages in a clear and precise manner
• Structure written and oral communication to ensure clarity.
Planning and Organisation
• Work to achieve project goals/outputs and identify tasks to achieve objectives
• Prioritise activities
• Use time effectively and stay focused under pressure
• Modify plans to deal with changes in priority
• Act promptly when confronted with a problem, escalating risks and issues.
• An excellent verbal and written communicator, confident in networking, negotiation & agreement.
• Experience of building, developing and maintaining working relationships with a range of stakeholders.
• Excellent organisational and time management skills.
• Strong problem-solving skills, ability to think systematically.
• A positive and enthusiastic attitude
• Able to work effectively under pressure and handle changing priorities
• Good experience of IT, especially proficiency in Microsoft Office software
• An interest in climate change, circular economy and the natural environment
• Educated to Degree level, business or environmental science disciplines would be particularly useful
• Experience of working with PRINCE2 project methodologies
• Experience of event management
CAUK reference: 2413
Hours/Week: 37.5 hours a week - part-time/flexible working will be considered
Based: Home Based - Travel between Fenland & Cambridgeshire may be required
Work outside normal hours: You may be required to attend meetings/hold workshops/attend workshops outside working hours
Reports to: Project Manager
For some activities, such as working directly with children on a regular basis, a DBS check may be required.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and documentation is required to support this.
Application Deadline: Midnight on Monday, 20th September 2022
Interview Date: TBC
Anticipated Start Date: October 2021
Please visit https://jobs.changeagents.org.uk/ or send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
You may be contacted for a brief telephone interview before the formal interviews. If shortlisted for interview you will be required to prepare a presentation or complete a brief task, relevant to the role, as part of the interview.
|Location||Home based with travel in and around Peterborough and Cambridgeshire|
|Salary||£31,000 per annum pro rata|
|Hours Per Week||37.50|
Open to applications.