|Organisation||Platform Housing Group and Sanctuary Housing Association|
EcoCampus Housing Coordinator
Number of Positions: 1
Salary (per annum pro rata): £20,000
Start Date: January / February 2021
Length of Contract: 12 months
Potential for extension or longer-term contract, subject to funding and performance.
As EcoCampus Housing Coordinator you will lead the on-the-ground delivery of a new pilot, taking the ‘EcoHomes’ programme – a new version of the EcoCampus phased approach to embedding an Environmental Management System (EMS) - into two Housing Associations, whose head offices are based in Worcester. EcoCampus is operated and managed by the environmental consultancy, Loreus Ltd, designed to help higher and further education institutions implement a formalised Environmental Management System and achieve certification to ISO14001:2015. It is divided into 4 phases with certificates awarded at each - Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum. Scheme participants receive online/telephone support, access to training workshops, written resources and external audits.
You will be responsible for assisting the delivery of the scheme in two housing associations, in partnership with the University of Worcester, using the EcoCampus framework and support package to analyse current practices, embed new ways of working and developing systems to create sustainable practices. Students from the University of Worcester will assist (on a voluntary basis and as part of formal learning if taught in Worcester Business School (WBS)) and as such the post holder will work as an Academic Support Assistant within WBS taught sessions introducing EMS development and auditing skills and supporting students to engage in audit and sustainability strategy development assignments.
This role will be based in three partner organisations across Worcester. The post-holder will work with each during the course of a week, making the role varied and exciting. A detailed work plan will support this, enabling the post-holder to deliver against project objectives and access support and guidance from each partner as needed. There may be some home working requirement in line with Covid-19 regulations.
An enthusiastic team player with a passion for sustainability. An innovative and creative thinker, with the ability to problem-solve and successfully implement their own ideas in partnership with others.
Strong analytical skills and the ability to gather and interpret complex data, enabling the Housing Associations to develop new ways of working and improve their environmental performance. Attention to detail is crucial to enable the pilot’s success and for the partners to learn from its implementation.
Using your strong organisational skills you can work flexibly across multiple sites and balance different priorities with several delivery partners and their organisational cultures and needs. This is a junior role but carries some level of project leadership to deliver the pilot, with support from the partnership of organisations taking part.
• Demonstrable ability to motivate others into action and work in partnership.
• Knowledge of, commitment to, and ability to articulate, sustainability issues and their importance within a work environment to a wide audience.
• Demonstrable commitment and motivation to complete the project and deliver the projects aims.
• Creative and innovative thinker and problem-solver that can formulate ideas and appropriately execute them
• Conscientious organiser, able to plan and organise their work appropriately.
• Ability to analyse and interpret data with strong attention to detail, in order to develop plans for environmental improvements.
• ICT literacy in all Office applications but especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Experience of project management and administration.
• Candidate must be a graduate.
• Previous experience of event organising in either a voluntary or paid position.
• Experience of communications, marketing or similar.
• Experience of coordinating and motivating a team of volunteers.
• Knowledge and understanding of implementing an Environmental Management System
What’s in it for you?
This is a great opportunity to start your career in Sustainability. You will have opportunities to learn about being a team player, developing communication skills in different mediums, and stakeholder management experience. You will gain project management skills including event planning and management, project implementation and evaluation. You will also gain insight into a wide range of environmental management issues.
You will be given full support and training by Change Agents UK for the duration of the 12 month position. In addition you will receive EcoCampus implementation support from Loreus including training in:
• Introduction to environmental management systems (ISO14001:2015)
• Developing and implementing environmental management systems (ISO14001:2015)
• Internal auditing - Environmental legislation
• Introduction to energy management systems (ISO50001:2018).
Day in the Life / Key responsibilities:
Annual leave: 25 days plus bank holidays
Work outside normal hours: Possibility of some work outside normal hours to undertake audits.
Closing Date: Sunday 3rd January 2021
Telephone Interview Date: w/c 4th January 2021
Interview Date: 11th and 12th January 2021
This recruitment is being managed by Change Agents UK, please direct all correspondence to email@example.com or call 01572 723419
Please note that the Change Agents UK office is closed between 23rd December and 4th January. If you have any issues with the online portal during this period please submit your CV and Cover Letter (up to 400 words) via email before the deadline, including confirmation that you have right to work in the UK.
For office use only
CAUK reference 2393
Employer: Change Agents UK (on behalf of Platform Housing Group and Sanctuary Housing Association)
Probation period: 6 months
Reports to: Locally appointed line managers
|Hours Per Week||35.00|
Closed - no further applications permitted