|Project||Swansea University 2021|
Sustainability and EMS Assistant
Swansea University is a research-led university that has been making a difference since 1920. Our diverse and welcoming community thrives on exploration and discovery, with a balance of excellent teaching and research, alongside a superb quality of life. Our commitment to research with real-world benefits has seen us achieve our ambition to be a Top 30 Research University, soaring up the 2014 Research Excellence Framework league table to 26th in the UK from 52nd in 2008.
Our stunning waterfront campuses make us a desirable location for students and staff from around the world, and our multicultural community provides a global perspective, enabling those who join us to develop skills and knowledge that set them on successful and enriching careers.
Swansea University is a leading, sustainable university with ambitions to help drive forward sustainable development both in the UK and further afield. We are currently ranked 9th in the Guardian University Green League, at Swansea University we are proud of our many achievements in embedding sustainability into University life. We have a dedicated and committed team of sustainability professionals working at the University. Our team brings expertise from industry and academia and is committed to working together with staff, students and the community to ensure that the University operates on a resilient, compliant and sustainable basis. One of the team is on maternity leave for 12 months, and this post will help the team to cover her work, with support across all of our areas being provided by this Sustainability and EMS Assistant post.
Employer: Change Agents UK Trading Ltd
Client: Swansea University
Number of Positions: 1
Salary (per annum pro rata): £20,000
Start Date: June / July 2021
Contract: Fixed Term - 12 Months
The Sustainability and EMS Assistant will have specific responsibilities for assisting in the coordination and implementation all aspects of the University’s Environmental Management System ISO14001 in close collaboration with faculties and professional service units. You will bring your enthusiasm for sustainability to assist in the coordination of other projects pertaining to sustainability and environment, including staff and student engagement, resource and carbon reduction all related to the University’s Sustainability and Climate Emergency Strategy. You will be talking to and engaging with a very wide variety of students, staff and other stakeholders, so you’ll need to be confident, friendly and up for a challenge!
• Educated to degree standard or equivalent in a relevant Environmental/Sustainability related subject or have an equivalent level of work experience.
• Knowledge (and preferably experience) of delivery and/or management of an IS0 14001 Environmental Management System or an associated management system.
• Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills: ability to interact effectively with a range of stakeholders including staff at all levels, students and external organisations.
• Previous experience of assisting in the delivery of sustainability and/or environmental projects.
• Demonstrable experience in assisting in the preparation of technical and non-technical management reports.
• Ability to manipulate and analyse extensive data effectively and create accurate and meaningful technical and non-technical management reports.
• Excellent project management skills.
• Demonstrable evidence of taking pride in delivering professional services and solutions.
• Ability to work together in an environment of equality, trust and respect to deliver services that strive to exceed the needs and expectations of customers.
• Demonstrable evidence of providing a caring approach to all of your customers ensuring a personalised and positive experience.
• Previous experience in a large Public Sector organisation
• The ability to speak Welsh
What’s in it for you?
You will get to work in a lovely group of sustainability professionals, learn all aspects of corporate sustainability, engage with lots of lovely people, and try to effect positive change! We offer students, staff and the local community opportunities to get involved in our work to improve practices across our campuses and help us continue to lead the way in developing a more sustainable future for all. You will attend working groups and meetings across the year on a variety of sustainability topics including carbon management, Fairtrade, environmental management and waste. You will increase your employability, develop much needed skills, and further your understanding of today’s most pressing issues.
CAUK reference: 2399
Annual leave: 29 days paid annual holiday including closure dates determined by the Swansea University + 8 bank holidays
Work outside normal hours: Not expected
Probation period: 1 Month
Reports to: Heidi Smith and Hayley Beharrell
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and documentation is required to support this.
Information on placement terms can be found at www.changeagents.org.uk/information-employment-terms
Application Deadline: Sunday, 23rd May 2021, Midnight
Telephone Interview Date: w/c 24th May 2021
Interview Date: Wednesday 9th and Thursday 10th June 2021
Anticipated Start Date: June / July 2021
Change Agents UK Trading Ltd is acting as an employment business as defined under the Employment Agencies Act 1973 and will employ the successful applicant under a contract of service for the duration of the placement. Should you have any queries or require any further information on this role or the services we provide please contact email@example.com or call 01572 723419.
|Hours Per Week||35.00|
Closed - no further applications permitted