|Project||Head of Delivery|
|Employer||Yes Energy Solutions|
CAUK reference: 2327
Job Title: Head of Delivery
Change Agents UK Level: 3
Location: Halifax, West Yorkshire
Number of Positions: 1
What will this position involve?
The Head of Delivery at YES Energy Solutions is a key role in achieving consistently high quality and transparency of delivery across a diverse range of UK wide programmes and projects at YES Energy Solutions. Working with an experienced team, the role will ensure the leadership and success of the team and the projects they deliver in a client-focused function.
With experience in line management and getting the best out of a team, as well as managing a number of diverse projects across a range of durations and geographies, this role will have an understanding and ability to apply project management and marketing skills in a practical way to consistently achieve goals and targets. You will have experience in using data to manage delivery and using information to look at trends to mitigate issues and provide a sound basis for decision making.
Working as part of the leadership team you will ensure the delivery of numerous projects, while also supporting colleagues to deliver business improvement and innovation in processes, systems and approaches across the wider business.
As the Head of Delivery, you will take the lead on managing customer satisfaction, managing staff and all associated budgets while achieving the agreed strategic / tactical outcomes and priorities of the organisation. This will include liaising with clients and potential clients, expanding existing services and embedding new projects as they are secured, while keeping a focus on delivering a quality output, on time and budget.
Who would this position suit?
Strong people management, project management capabilities with excellent communication and problem solving skills, as well as an ability to see the funnier side of things, are essential for this role.
The role would suit someone with a project or programme management background, possibly gained through working in an engineering or project discipline. You will have a high attention to detail, with broad experience in the delivery of work against contracted terms and providing robust and regular metrics and commentary to demonstrate management against time, budget and KPIs.
Who are YES Energy Solutions?
YES Energy Solutions is a proactive Community Interest Company, specialising in energy efficiency interventions: reducing CO2 and alleviating fuel poverty. YES have managed a series of award-winning energy saving initiatives. Since its inception it has spread its wings, fulfilling a multitude of carbon reduction and domestic energy efficiency programmes across the length and breadth of Great Britain, making a positive difference to thousands of householders.
Extensive partnerships have improved whole communities whist helping residents to reduce their fuel bills, capitalise on the latest funding opportunities and keep warm for less.
What is the YES Energy Solutions team like?
The team is one of the four key strands of the YES business. It is a busy team with a number of skilled and experienced staff who deal with a variety of different clients and programmes across the whole of Great Britain. The activity delivered means no two days are ever the same and with a range of backgrounds, no two team members are the same.
Why would the successful candidate want this position?
YES is a growing business and this role will provide an opportunity for someone with the right skills and flexibility to succeed, supporting the essential work to reduce the number of people in fuel poverty while also reducing the causes of climate change. You will be involved in shaping the direction and speed of growth of the team, (as well as their development) putting your organisational skills to good use, while benefiting from working in a supportive environment.
Salary (per annum pro rata): £42,000
Start Date: January 2018
Length of Opportunity: Permanent
• Increase efficiency and effective delivery of all activity through the developing and supporting a team that reaches their full potential.
• Work collaboratively with leadership team colleagues, providing support and input, contributing to strategic aims, ensuring a sustainable future for the business.
• Develop and refine relevant management information to mitigate risks and consistently maintain high quality delivery across all activities.
• Prepare and delivery management and client reports ensuring compliance with contractual terms and meeting key performance indicators.
• Work closely with others across the business to ensure delivery meets quality and SHEQ requirements, promoting a culture of continual improvement and quality.
• Maintain compliance to internal policies as well as regulations and legislation relating to data protection and safeguarding
• Actively involved with the development and implementation of a strategy for YES which delivers sustainable growth over the medium and longer term meeting the aims of the business – reducing the impacts of climate change and reducing fuel poverty.
• Maintain effective communications with clients and supply chain.
• Manage key stakeholder relationships to maintain and enhance the reputation of YES.
• Responsible for implementation and delivery of projects, from resource planning to management reporting, with appropriate governance and transparency to mitigate risk and enhance YES reputation.
• Responsible for continuous service improvement and process developments including maintaining and improving systems, policies and procedures that govern the performance monitoring, development and delivery of activity.
• Carry out other such duties as required from time to time to support business goals.
• Comply at all times to Client, contract and the company’s stated policies relating to customer service and equality for all customers and employees.
• Operate within the parameters of the company’s ISO and other accreditations.
• Work flexibly across all activities within YES, supporting and engaging with others to meet task deadlines, furthering the collective success of YES.
Budget/resource management responsibilities
• Budget for resources of £250k and ancillary budget of £20k.
• Responsible for the delivery of £6m of contracted income.
• Resources – four direct reports and a team of 12 to 16.
Closing Date: 10th December 2017
Telephone Interview: Week Commencing 18th December 2017
Interview Date: Week Commencing 1st January 2018
Annual leave: 25 days plus Bank Holidays
Work outside normal hours: Minimal work outside normal hours will be required, but this will be project dependant.
This recruitment is being managed by Change Agents UK, please direct all correspondence to email@example.com or call 01572 723419
|Hours Per Week||37.00|
Closed - no further applications permitted