|Project||Events Infrastructure Officer|
|Organisation||Bedford Borough Council|
Events Infrastructure Officer
This is a superb opportunity to help develop, run and supervise the daily running of the Councils events programme, park infrastructure and volunteering scheme. You will utilise your passion for supporting our community by engaging with a variety of departments across the council, external stakeholders, businesses, event providers and community groups.
This role at Bedford Borough Council is ideal for someone with an appetite, background and interest in events, parks and has great communication skills. One of the team is going on maternity leave and this post will help the team to cover their work.
Employer: Change Agents UK Trading Ltd
Client: Bedford Borough Council
Number of Positions: 1
Salary (per annum pro rata): £19,500
Start Date: August 2021
Contract: Fixed Term – 11.5 Months
Who are Bedford Borough Council:
Bedford Borough is located within the East of England between Milton Keynes and Cambridge. It benefits from fast rail links with London and is well placed for access from both the M1 and A1. The local authority is a unitary council and currently has a population of 168,751 with 72,900 households. The Borough itself is largely centred on the town of Bedford, which sits along both sides of the River Ouse, but it also encompasses a large rural area to the north of Bedford which boarders the County of Northampton.
More information about the Council including its structure, functions, plans and strategies can be found here: https://www.bedford.gov.uk/council-and-democracy/about-the-council/
The role will sit within the Parks and Open spaces service area and involve working with the Lead Events & Infrastructure Officer.
• Passion for Events and community engagement
• Good Communication
• Enthusiasm and drive for success
• Integrity and Respect
• Commitment to delivering the environmental goals set for the parks team
• Strong team player who can also work independently
We need a dedicated and enthusiastic individual to help support the Events, Community Engagement and Parks Team to delivery its objective of increasing internal and external events on parks land, increasing community engagement across the borough and ensuring we deliver a service to all our park users and stakeholders. You will work collectively within the Events and Parks team to help the Council achieve its core objectives including delivering the 2022 River Festival.
• Experience or knowledge of events and/or festival management
• Have a good standard of numeracy and literacy. Minimum GCSE (or equivalent) English & Maths at grade C/4.
• Passionate about Events, Community Engagement and service delivery and excited to delivery community projects which will benefits our residents.
• Experience in the delivery of projects.
• Highly literate and fluent in English, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient in IT, including social media and Microsoft Office applications including Excel
• Able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills within a team and with key stakeholders.
• A Qualified driver - driving license essential.
• Hold an NVQ Level 3 or equivalent.
• Able to identify, recommend and implement changes identified during project delivery
• Experience and knowledge of logistical operations (Parks) and event programming.
• Highly effective interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills.
• Knowledgeable of issues relating to events and project delivery using volunteers.
• Knowledge and experience of working within/applying health & safety, procurement and other relevant green space asset management. In accordance with legislation, statutory procedures and regulatory requirements.
What’s in it for you?
This is a fantastic opportunity to engage with a variety of community groups and help delivery projects, which will enhance the local community.
You will be working with likeminded people and engaging with the local community on a range of challenges and opportunities. You will help deliver an event programme, including the Bedford River Festival 2022, which attracts in excess of 250,000 people. You will build on a variety of core skills including developing and sustaining effective working relationships, communication, negotiation and influencing behaviour change.
CAUK reference: 2407
Annual leave: 26 days pro rata + public holidays
Work outside normal hours: Role will require some evening and weekend work to attend community projects and events
Probation period: 3 Months
Reports to: Bjorn Hove
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and documentation is required to support this.
Information on placement terms can be found at www.changeagents.org.uk/information-employment-terms
Application Deadline: Sunday 1st August 2021
Telephone Interview Date: w/c 2nd August 2021
Interview Date: Monday 9th & Tuesday 10th August 2021
Anticipated Start Date: August 2021
Change Agents UK Trading Ltd is acting as an employment business as defined under the Employment Agencies Act 1973 and will employ the successful applicant under a contract of service for the duration of the placement. Should you have any queries or require any further information on this role or the services we provide please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01572 723419.
|Salary||£19,500 pa pro rata|
|Hours Per Week||37.00|
Closed - no further applications permitted