|Project||Commercial Business Officer|
|Employer||Bedford Borough Council|
Number of Positions: 1
Salary (per annum pro rata): £23,866
Start Date: ASAP
Length of Contract: 6 months
We are seeking an engaging communicator to forge and maintain relationships with our commercial customers, work towards sales goals and deliver promotional events and exhibitions.
This role at Bedford Borough Council is ideal for a target driven individual who enjoys delivering excellent customer service. You will be working in the important field of commercial environmental services, including waste and recycling.
Bedford Borough is located within the East of England between Milton Keynes and Cambridge. It benefits from fast rail links with London and is well placed for access from both the M1 and A1. The local authority is a unitary council and currently has a population of 168,751 with 72,900 households. The Borough itself is largely centred on the town of Bedford which sits along both sides of the River Ouse, but it also encompasses a large rural area to the north of Bedford bordering with the neighbouring County of Northampton. More information about the Council including its structure, functions, plans and strategies can be found here: https://www.bedford.gov.uk/council-and-democracy/about-the-council/
The Business Development Team’s main functions are to manage the Council’s corporate Energy and Water supply contracts and deliver a business generation service for the department, including commercial refuse and recycling, grounds maintenance and street cleansing services and other services that generate income. The team is based in the Councils main office, Borough Hall, located on Cauldwell Street in Bedford and consists of 3 members of staff managed by a team leader.
• Environmental responsibility
• Communication and Enthusiasm
• Integrity and Respect
• Commitment to delivering excellent customer service
A confident and engaging communicator to work with local businesses; you will deliver excellent customer service whilst leading the sales function generating income from commercial services including waste and recycling, grounds maintenance and street cleansing services.
You will have the opportunity to develop your knowledge of the delivery and legislation related to the provision of these services so that you can provide information to new and existing customers, including visiting them to explain the services offered by Bedford Borough Council to secure new leads and contracts.
Throughout this, customer service and satisfaction is paramount.
• An excellent communicator, demonstrating strong interpersonal skills
• A driven individual who thrives on meeting and exceeding targets.
• Able to demonstrate exceptional customer service skills
• Highly literate and fluent in English
• Able to collect and process data, maintain accurate records and conduct research
• Proficient in IT, particularly all Microsoft Office applications and experienced using CRM software
• A tenacious and innovative problem solver
• Able to demonstrate strong skills in planning and time management
• Confident in presenting in a positive and professional manner
• Able to travel independently throughout the county and beyond (Driving Licence essential)
In an ideal world, you are also:
• Experienced in sales, with a proven track record
• Versatile, able to flexibly adapt your approach to workloads
• Educated to NVQ Level 4 or Degree level
• Familiar with the operational delivery of Environmental Services
What’s in it for you?
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your knowledge of the delivery and legislation related to the provision of Environmental Services in a large Local Authority. You will build on a variety of core skills including developing and sustaining effective working relationships, communication, negotiation and influencing.
A full list of responsibilities is available upon request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Nitty Gritty Details:
Annual leave: 26 days pro rata plus public holidays
Work outside normal hours: Role requires some evening and weekend work to attend events and meetings.
Closing Date: 30th June 2019
Telephone Interview Date: During w/c 1st July and w/c 8th July
Interview Date: 17th July 2019
This recruitment is being managed by Change Agents UK, please direct all correspondence to email@example.com or call 01572 723419
|Salary||£23,866 pa pro rata|
|Hours Per Week||37.00|
Open to applications.