Job Title: Innovate2Zero Project Administrator
Location: Home Based – may be required to travel to attend meetings in person
Employer: Opportunity Peterborough
Salary (per annum pro rata): £24,000 per annum pro rata
Start Date: October 2021
Contract: Fixed term contract until 31st March 2022 (potential for extension) | 22.5 Hours per week
Opportunity Peterborough works to encourage local, national and international business investment into the Peterborough region to help drive economic development across the city. We support local businesses through multiple channels, facilitating access to our network of services ensuring business communities have the tools they require to innovate and grow.
As a team we are passionate about the work we do. Due to business expansion, we need to enhance our team with the addition of an experienced Project Administrator. We are looking for a motivated individual who is committed to supporting the Opportunity Peterborough team on our ‘Innovate2Zero’ project.
‘Innovate-2-Zero’ aims to stimulate sustainability-focused innovation, drive growth in green jobs, and reduce the carbon footprint of businesses by enabling entrepreneurs, start-ups and SMEs to develop innovative and marketable solutions to Peterborough and Fenland’s net-Zero Carbon and sustainability challenges.
Opportunity Peterborough can offer a flexible working environment, with the possibility of extending the role beyond the 6 months period.
Purpose of role:
You’ll be responsible for supporting the Opportunity Peterborough project team in all areas of the ‘Innovate2Zero’ project’s activities, in particular project document control, for example, form filling, distributing documents, adding and updating documents to the Project management IT system, capturing information on the daily log, issue register and risk register to ensure project work packages are delivered on time and within budget
This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience in a fast paced, multi-functional environment gaining tangible experience in the field of Project Management.
• Maintain project files
• Provide administrative services to project partners and project assurance teams
• Be flexible, agile and capable of working in a fast-paced project environment
• Ability and willingness to travel for meetings to deliver support, where required
• Sorting, storing and retrieving electronic and hard copy documents
• Maintain and update project documents including grant funding applicant files
• Maintain and update accurate written records and provide information as required
Progress Monitoring and Control
• Collect and document information from stakeholders to monitor and review project progress
• Work with stakeholders to improve the project process where required
• Escalate risks and issues.
Stakeholder Relationship Management
• Build strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
• Take responsibility for updating and maintaining written communications
• Act as central point of contact for project administration
Leadership and Teamwork
• Build and sustain positive relationships with team members
• Respect and value others and be sensitive to their differing needs and values
• Play a full part in the team and help to achieve team goals
• Take the lead when appropriate
• Be responsive to changes in stakeholder’s needs and expectations.
Communication and knowledge sharing
• Facilitate verbal and written communications between project partners
• Listen to other points of view
• Structure written and oral communication to ensure clarity.
Planning and Organisation
• Work to achieve project goals/outputs and identify tasks to achieve objectives
• Prioritise activities
• Use time effectively and stay focused under pressure
• Modify project documents to deal with changes in priority
• Act promptly when confronted with a problem, escalating risks and issues.
• An excellent verbal and written communicator
• Committed to providing excellent professional customer service.
• Excellent organisational and time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• A positive and enthusiastic attitude - willing to take the lead when required.
• Able to work effectively under pressure to tight deadlines
• Good experience of IT, especially proficiency in Microsoft Office software
• An interest in climate change, circular economy and the natural environment
• Experience of working with a project environment including knowledge of PRINCE2 project
CAUK reference: 2414
Hours/Week: 22.5 hours a week
Based: Home Based – may be required to travel to attend meetings in person
Reports to: Project Officer
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and documentation is required to support this.
Application Deadline: Midnight on Monday, 20th September
Interview Date: TBC
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Please visit https://jobs.changeagents.org.uk/ or send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com
You may be contacted for a brief telephone interview before the formal interviews. If shortlisted for interview you will be required to prepare a presentation or complete a brief task, relevant to the role, as part of the interview.
|Location||Home Based with travel in and around Peterborough and Cambridgeshire|
|Salary||£24,000 per annum pro rata|
|Hours Per Week||22.50|
Open to applications.