|Project||Sustainable Waste and Procurement Officer|
|Employer||London School of Economics and Political Sciences|
Job Title: Sustainable Waste and Procurement Officer
Location: Central London
Number of Positions: 1
Salary (per annum pro rata): £25,685 to £28,871
Length of Opportunity: Permanent/Full-Time
Join the London School of Economics as Sustainable Waste and Procurement Officer! You will be working with the Head of Sustainability to manage waste services and drive sustainable procurement. You will be working alongside the Sustainability team to help deliver the School’s Sustainability Policy. The role will focus on implementing the waste strategy, improving sustainable procurement and getting involved in any other projects which may arise during your time at LSE.
Located in the heart of London, LSE is one of the world’s leading universities. LSE are strongly committed to sustainability and in 2005 adopted its Environmental Sustainability Policy. Since then LSE has continued to incorporate sustainability into all areas of its activities. The sustainability department at LSE coordinate the schools approach to the environment and work with all teams across the LSE community to embed sustainability in the everyday life of the university.
The role would suit someone who is passionate about sustainability and would love to work to improve the universities policy. They should have experience of delivering operational waste, facilities management or sustainability programmes within an organisation. They should have great people and communication skills as well as time management and planning skills.
• Degree educated in a relevant subject or experience working in a similar role
• Able to demonstrate skills in organisation, planning effectively and meeting deadlines
• An excellent communicator
• A good team player with a proactive attitude
• Good understanding of health and safety especially when applied to waste management
• Ability to collaborate with a range of people including staff, student, stakeholders and more
• Ability to analyse data efficiently
• Experience in delivering a programme to improve sustainability or services
• Ability to use own initiative and develop creative solutions to different problems
• Proficient in IT, particularly all Microsoft Office applications
In an ideal world, you are also:
• Experienced in sustainability issues and how they can be addressed
• Qualification in an environmentally related or other relevant discipline
• Experience in customer enquiries and requests
• Able to report on performance to management
• Understanding of the higher education sector
What’s in it for you?
A fantastic opportunity for anyone who is interested in sustainability and environmental issues. A great role to help you develop you career in the waste or sustainability area. You will be able to deliver a real change and improvement to the university as well as be able to progress throughout the sustainably department.
You will have the opportunity to work with a great team and be communicating with different departments throughout the University. You will also have access to our pension scheme, generous annual leave and excellent training.
• Deliver LSE’s Waste strategy, managing the safe, clean and environmentally sustainable disposal of all waste streams produced by LSE.
• Respond to customers enquires and requests.
• Use creativity and initiative to devise solutions to problems, and suggest new approaches to enable continuous improvement.
• Support the delivery of the School’s ISO 14001- and 50001-certified Environmental and Energy Management Systems, including conducting internal audits
• Plan, organise and prioritise own workload in line with individual, team and organisational objectives, to ensure successful delivery of goals within agreed time frames, budgets and standards
• Ensure waste management costs remain within the annual budget.
• Develop LSE’s waste strategy to ensure it continues to deliver excellent environmental and operational outcomes, including planning around any major changes to the campus.
• Contribute to communicating environmental messages and campaigns, raising awareness, and promoting events
• Collate and analyse data, including monitoring progress against agreed targets, timescales, and carrying out benchmarking. Maintain up-to-date records on LSE’s waste performance.
• Play an active role as a member of the Sustainability Team, the Estates Division and LSE as well as motivating other LSE members to progress the sustainability policy.
• Establish good relationships with contractors to ensure best value and good service levels are achieved through the School’s contracts.
Full Job Description and Person Specification available at https://www.changeagents.org.uk/lse-swpo
How to Apply
Please review Full Job Description and Person Specification and submit a CV and Covering Letter addressing how you fulfil each competency criteria
Closing date: Midnight Friday 29th November 2019
Interview date: w/c 10th December 2019
|Salary||£25,685 to £28,871|
|Hours Per Week||35.00|
Closed - no further applications permitted